Square simplifies point-of-sale transactions and payment management for your business. By combining Square with Setmore, you can book customer appointments and take payments online or in-person through the Setmore calendar.
- Your free Setmore account. Use the Square integration with the free version of Setmore, or Setmore Premium.
- Your verified Square account. Make sure you have completed the Square setup process, along with basic identity verification, prior to activating this integration. Without identity verification, you won't be able to take card payments. Learn more >
Not using Square? Sign up here:
Activating Square in the mobile app
- Start by going to Account > Payments.
- Next, choose the Square card.
- Tap the Activate switch, then follow the instruction to log in with your Square account and grant permissions to the Setmore app.
Once activated, you may use the Customer Booking menu to activate payments from your Booking Page, or use the Payment History menu to see recent payments and issue refunds.
Taking a payment from the mobile app
- Start by tapping an appointment on your Agenda or Calendar view, then in the Appointment Details menu, tap Payment.
- Enter the details of the payment, including any additional items or discounts as needed. Tap Next in the top right corner when you're ready.
- Lastly, Setmore will open the Square payment processing window, where you can swipe, dip, or tap to accept a card payment and complete the transaction.
Activating Square in the web app
- Start by going to Settings > Payments > Configure.
- Choose the Square card, and then click Activate Square. You'll be prompted to log in with your Square credentials, so you can grant access to the Setmore app.
Taking a payment in the web app
- Start by clicking an appointment in your calendar, then in the Appointment Details window, click Edit Appointment.
- Next, in the Appointment window, click the Pay Now button to initiate a payment.
FAQ: While trying to take a payment, I got the error message "Credit card processing is not enabled."
You may receive this error, or "Not approved to accept credit cards," if you have not completed identity verification in your Square account setup.
- Sign in to your Square Dashboard and click Setup Guide.
- Select Get Paid > Verify Your Identity.
- Enter all the requested information.
If you have any trouble entering information, keep these tips in mind:
- Enter your legal first and last name. If you recently changed your name, try entering your previous name.
- Use your current home address. If this is the address you initially entered, or if you have moved within the last 6 months, try using your previous home address.