With Setmore Premium or Pro you can set up a two-way sync between Setmore and your Google calendar. Once activated, this sync will automatically export your Setmore appointments to your Google calendar, and import your Google events to your Setmore calendar. The sync takes place in real-time, ensuring that both calendars are always up-to-date.
Once activated, the sync will only export newly booked appointments from Setmore to your Google Calendar. The sync will not export appointments that were booked before the sync was activated.
The 2-way Google sync will export Setmore appointments, classes, and recurring appointments to Google. It will not sync Events into Google.
The sync will import Google events, recurring events, 24-hour and multi-day events into Setmore. It will not sync Google appointments into Setmore.
Verifying your timezone
Before you set up a two-way sync with your Google Calendar, you must first verify that both calendars are set to the same time zone.
1. In Google Calendar, click the gear icon in the top right and select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
2. In the General tab next to the section titled Country, use the dropdown menu to select or confirm your timezone.
3. In Setmore, navigate to Apps & Integrations and under where it says 'Your Booking Page', click the 'Configure' button. Then click the 'Business Hours' tab, and use the dropdown menu next to Time Zone to verify your Setmore account's time zone.
Activating the two-way calendar sync
Note that you will set up the two-way sync for one staff member at a time. Repeat the following instructions for each staff member you want to sync.
In a separate browser tab, log into your Google account. This should be the same account whose calendar you want to sync with Setmore.
In your Setmore account, navigate to Settings > Staff and select the staff member you wish to sync. Scroll down to the section titled 'Google Sync' and click the On/Off switch to the 'On' position.
3. You will be prompted to grant access to Setmore. Click the 'Allow' button to continue.
4. Next, use the dropdown menu to select which Google calendar to sync with Setmore (if you have more than one calendar associated with the Google account.) When everything looks good, click the 'Done' button.
5. The sync is now activated. You should start to see your Setmore appointments appear in your Google Calendar, and vice versa.
Your Google events will be visible in your Setmore calendar and your Setmore appointments will be listed in your Google calendar. To reschedule appointments from Google calendar, you may drag and drop an appointment to a new time slot. The changes will take a few minutes to sync to your Setmore calendar.
After the sync is activated, all bookings and events for the past one month and the next two years will sync to your Setmore calendar.
Google appointment slots will not sync with Setmore
When creating an event on your Google calendar, you’ll be given three options: event, out of office, and appointment slots. Of these, only 'events' and 'out of office' will sync to your Setmore calendar. Appointment slots created in Google Calendar will not reflect in Setmore.
Resetting your Google sync
When using the Google sync, you may see a message in the Setmore interface that prompts you to reset the sync. This will make sure the sync is updated to the latest version.
Start by logging into Setmore and going to Settings > Staff. Choose your staff profile and scroll down to the Google 2-way sync switch.
Click to turn the Google sync switch off. You may need to wait a few minutes for the events and appointments to de-sync.
Lastly, turn the switch back on. Setmore will automatically update the sync to the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
For what date range will the sync import/export data?
Once activated, the sync will import/export all eligible appointments and events for the past 2 months and up to 2 years into the future, from the current date.
Can you edit Google events from Setmore and vice versa?
You cannot edit but you can delete Google events from your Setmore calendar. On your Google calendar, you can reschedule Setmore appointments.