With a Pro account, you can activate 2-way sync between your Setmore and Google calendars. This automatically exports Setmore appointments into Google Calendar and imports Google events into your Setmore calendar. Details reflect in real-time, ensuring both calendars are up-to-date.
Google 2-way sync exports Setmore appointments, classes, and recurring appointments to Google. It does not sync Setmore events to Google.
This sync imports Google events, recurring events, and 24-hour and multi-day events into Setmore. It does not import Google appointments into Setmore.
Once activated, the sync only exports newly-booked appointments from Setmore into Google Calendar. Appointments booked before activation do not reflect.
Verify your timezone⏰
Before you set up 2-way sync, you must verify that both your Setmore and Google calendars are set to the same time zone.
1. In Google Calendar, click the gear icon in the top-right and select 'Settings' from the dropdown menu.
2. In the 'General' tab next to 'Country', use the dropdown menu to confirm your timezone.
3. Return to Setmore and navigate to Settings > Business Profile > Hours. Click the pencil icon to see if the timezone matches.
Activate 2-way Google Calendar sync.
You'll need to set up 2-way sync for one staff member at a time. Repeat the following instructions for each staff member whose calendar you want to sync 👌
1. In a separate tab, log into your Google account. The calendar you'd like to sync with Setmore should be associated with this account.
2. Back in your Setmore account, navigate to Settings > My Team. Select your staff profile.
3. Select ‘Calendar’ and next to ‘Google Calendar’, click ‘Connect’.
4. You'll be prompted to grant Setmore access to share details. Click the 'Allow' button to continue.
5. Use the dropdown menu to select a calendar to sync with Setmore (if you have more than one calendar associated with your Google account). After confirming, click the 'Activate Sync' button.
You'll start to see your Setmore appointments appear in Google Calendar, and vice versa.
To reschedule appointments in Google Calendar, you can drag and drop an appointment to a new time slot. The changes will take a few minutes to reflect in your Setmore calendar.
After the sync is activated, all booking details from the past month and the next two years sync to your Setmore calendar.
Note: Google appointment slots will not sync with Setmore. When creating an event in Google Calendar, you’ll be given three options: event, out of office and appointment slots. Only 'events' and 'out of office' will sync to your Setmore calendar.
Reset Google sync.
You may receive a message in Setmore that prompts you to reset Google sync. This ensures the latest version of the sync is activated.
Log into Setmore and go to Settings > My Team. Select your staff profile.
Select ‘Calendar’ and next to ‘Google Calendar’, click ‘Disconnect’.
You may need to wait a few minutes for events and appointments to stop syncing.
Connect your calendars once again. Setmore automatically activates the latest version of 2-way sync.
Frequently asked questions.
For what date range will data import/export?
Once activated, 2-way sync will import/export all eligible appointments and events for the past month, and up to two years ahead of the current date.
Can you edit Google events from Setmore and vice versa?
Google events can’t be edited in Setmore, but they can be deleted from your Setmore calendar. Setmore appointments can be rescheduled in Google Calendar.