Using Reserve with Google, an option to book an appointment will show up next to your business website in any search result, whether from Google Search or Google Maps. Customers and potential customers can select this option to book an appointment directly on your Setmore calendar, without having to go through your website or even your Setmore Booking Page. It’s faster and more convenient, it can lead to more appointments on your calendar overall, and it’s free.
Reserve with Google is in a pilot phase and so only US-based businesses in the following industries are currently supported:
- Hair Salon/Barbershop
- Nail Salon
In Setmore, when you navigate to Apps & Integrations and click on the Reserve with Google integration card, a splash screen may appear if you do not meet the industry or location criteria. In this case please stay tuned for future updates from us on when your location or industry is supported.
In order to activate and benefit from Reserve with Google, your business must meet the following requirements:
- Your business must be Google verified. Click here to learn more >
- Your business address in Setmore must be accurate, and match up with your Google verified business address.
- In addition, your service listings in Setmore must meet formatting requirements in order to appear in Reserve with Google, details below.
Any services that don’t meet the following requirements will not show up in your Reserve with Google listing:
- No Special Characters – Services must not contain any special characters or symbols (@#$%, etc.)
- Services Should Have a Cost – Services in your Setmore account should have a cost associated with them
You can input a cost for each service by going to your service profiles under Settings > Services. Click on a service to access the details menu, and check that a value has been entered in the “Cost” form field.
Activating Reserve with Google in Setmore
By default, Reserve with Google is turned off in your Setmore account. Follow the instructions below to activate Reserve with Google:
1. In Setmore, navigate to Apps & Integrations. and click on Reserve with Google.
2. Click the Activate button in the left column of the integration details window.
3. Check that your Setmore address information is correct, and that your business is verified by Google.
4. Once you 'Submit to Google', you should receive the activation message below:
You will receive a confirmation message and Setmore will push your request to Google. It typically takes up to 72 hours for changes to take effect, but may take as long as 14 days. Once activated on Google’s end, your customers will now be able to book appointments from search results!
Deactivating Reserve with Google in Setmore
To deactivate Reserve with Google, simply return to the Reserve with Google integration card under Apps & Integrations, and click the “Deactivate” button.
- In Setmore, navigate to Apps & Integrations.
- Scroll down to the Integrations section, and click on Reserve with Google.
- Click the Deactivate button in the left column of the integration details window.
Note: It will take approximately up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect.