Buffer time is extra time added to a service duration that you use to clean up after the appointment, or prepare for the next appointment.
So if you have a 30 minute service, but it takes 10 minutes to clean up afterwards, then you add a 10 minute buffer time. In your calendar, the appointment will take up a 40-minute time slot.
Buffer time is invisible to your customers. This is useful if you offer a 30 minute massage that requires 10 minutes of buffer time, but you don't want to advertise it to your customers as a 40 minute massage on the Booking Page.
Adding buffer time in the mobile app
- Start by going to Account > Services.
- Next, tap a service to bring up the Details menu. In the details menu, tap the Duration row.
- Then, tap Buffer Time to add a buffer time. Save your changes by tapping Save in the top right.
Adding buffer time in the web app
- Start by going to Settings > Services.
- Next, click on a service to bring up the Details menu.
- Then, enter a value for Buffer Time and save your changes.