The Setmore Cash Register is a substitute virtual point-of-sale (POS) system (or it can work with a POS system) that helps you record and manage cash transactions tied to your appointments. With the Cash Register activated, you can log cash payments for Setmore appointments and generate printable receipts.
Activating the Cash Register feature
- Navigate to Settings (gear icon in left menu) > Payments > Configure. In the list of payment providers, scroll all the way to the bottom and click the Cash card.
2. In the Cash Integration menu, click the "Activate Cash Register" button. The Cash Register is now activated.
Logging a cash payment for an appointment
1. From your Setmore calendar, click on an appointment to bring up the details menu, then click the "Edit Appointment" link in the bottom right of the details frame.
2. In the Appointment submenu, click either the Pay Now button at the bottom of the frame, or the Payment tab at the top of the frame.
3. Here you can verify the payment details, add more billable services, or add a discount. When everything looks good, click the "Charge Customer" button.
4. The payment will be logged and you'll be presented with a digital receipt.
Viewing past payments for an appointment
1. From your Setmore calendar, click on an appointment to bring up the details menu, then click the "Edit Appointment" link in the bottom right of the frame.
2. In the Appointment sub-menu, click the Payment tab to continue. The Payment tab will show you a list of previous payments logged for this appointment.