Add a Google Analytics tracking code to your Booking Page and measure visitor behavior online. Tracking enables you to monitor statistics like time-on-site, bounce rate, and the number of visitors to your Booking Page. Gain key audience insights to improve your marketing plans.
Setting up Google Analytics tracking for your Booking Page
Step 1: Log into your Google account and go to Google Analytics: https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/.
Step 2: Create a web property by clicking Start measuring. Fill out the form fields, give your property a name, and select your desired time zone and currency.
Step 3: Once you have filled in the form, click Create. You will be prompted to agree with Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement.
Step 3: Once you've accepted, you will see your Analytics dashboard.
Get your Google Analytics measurement ID
After setting up your account, it's time to get your measurement ID to start tracking traffic.
Click the ‘Admin’ tab in the left-hand panel.
3. In Data Streams, select Web as the platform.
4. The Set up data stream window will open. Add your Booking Page URL to the Website URL form field. Next, type Booking Page traffic or a similar prompt into the Stream name form field. Click Create Stream.
5. The ‘Web stream details’ window will open. You’ll see a ‘Measurement ID’ that begins with ‘G-’. Click the copy button next to it.
Connect your Booking Page to Google Analytics
Log into your Setmore web app and head to Integrations > Google Analytics.
Click the ‘Instructions’ tab.
3. You’ll see a form field labeled Your measurement ID. Paste your Google Analytics measurement ID from earlier into this field.
4. Click Save to complete. A message will appear confirming that the ID was saved. Close the Google Analytics card.
You can now track activity on your Booking Page in Google Analytics. Simply open Realtime > Events to check that data is being collected. Only data collected after the integration was enabled will display and this could take up to 24 hours to begin.
Disconnect your Booking Page from Google Analytics
To disconnect Google Analytics, go to Integrations > Google Analytics integration card. Remove your measurement ID from the form field and click ‘Save’. This will stop tracking.