Setmore’s slot blocker feature allows you to block out a preset duration (less than one calendar day) for a single staff member, preventing customers and other staff members from scheduling appointments in that time slot. Slot blockers are ideal for one-time calendar blocking, whether for specific events or last-minute scheduling conflicts.
Adding a slot blocker
- Tap the pink (+) button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select +Slot Blocker from the menu. Next follow the menus to select a staff member, duration, and the starting time for the slot blocker.
- Confirm the details of your slot blocker and tap the Save button in the top-right corner.
Removing a slot blocker from the calendar
- Navigate to the slot blocker in the Schedule window.
- Tap on the slot blocker to bring up the details menu.
- Tap the three dots (...) in the top right corner and select Delete Slot Blocker.
Want to schedule time off, vacation, sick leave, or breaks?
Slot blockers must be less than one calendar day so they may not be the best option for scheduling employee time off. Instead, check out the how-to article on setting up time-off and vacation time (browser & desktop app version only).