SMS Notifications [Premium]
When it comes to appointment reminders, SMS/text notifications are the best way to remind customers that they have an appointment coming up in the near future. If your customers are not getting a SMS/text reminder for appointments, you need to check your Setmore notification settings to ensure you have the right configuration set for sending SMS/text reminders when appointments are booked.
Setting up SMS/text reminders
- From inside your Setmore account, click the Settings icon and then choose Notifications > Customer.
- In the Appointment Reminders section, click the switch button next to Text.
- SMS/text reminders will now be activated, and your customers will receive SMS/text notifications for upcoming appointments.
Note: Only one SMS/text will be sent for each appointment. The text/SMS reminder will be sent to valid mobile phone numbers that the customer provides when booking an appointment from the booking page.
Configuring reminder lead time for SMS/text reminders
The “Reminder Lead time” option lets you set a duration prior to an appointment when reminders will be sent. For example, if you choose a reminder lead time of 2 hours, your customers will get an SMS notification exactly 2 hours before their appointment is scheduled.
- From inside your Setmore account, click the Settings icon.
- Choose Notifications > Customer.
- In the Reminder Lead Time section, use the drop-down menus to select the lead time according to your preference.
Note: The reminder lead time cannot exceed 30 days.