Take Payments with PayPal [Premium Feature]
With Setmore Premium and an active PayPal Business account, you can take online payments from your customers directly through your Setmore calendar. This integration also has the added benefit of letting your customers pay using their PayPal account, if they want, or they can simply check out as a guest using a debit or credit card. Additional features are available with this integration, such as the ability to take payments through your Booking Page (see Related Articles at the bottom of the page).
Note that PayPal charges a small percentage fee for each successful transaction. Click here to learn more.
Activating PayPal in your Setmore account
1. Navigate to Settings (gear icon in left menu) > Payments > Configure. Click the PayPal card in the list of payment providers.
2. In the PayPal Integration menu, click the "Activate PayPal" button.
3. PayPal will open in a new browser tab. You will be prompted to log in with your account and grant permission for Setmore to facilitate transactions with your PayPal account. Click the "Grant Permission" button to finalize the integration. You can now take payments from your Setmore calendar.
Taking a payment from your Setmore calendar
1. In your Setmore calendar, click on the appointment for which you would like to process a payment. In the popup window that appears next to the appointment, click the "Edit Appointment" link at the bottom of the frame.
2. In the Appointment Details menu, click the "Pay Now" button at the bottom of the window.
3. In the Payment menu, click the radio button for a card payment. Next verify the details of the transaction and click "Charge Customer." PayPal will open in a new popup window. (Note: if this does not occur, please check that your browser is allowing popups from my.setmore.com)
4. You may now choose to allow the customer to pay using their PayPal account, or you can click the "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" button to continue.
5. If you selected chose to pay with a debit or credit card, simply enter the customer's payment card details and complete the transaction.
Deactivating the PayPal integration
Navigate to Settings (gear icon in left menu) > Payments > Configure and select the PayPal card from the list of payment providers. In the PayPal Integration menu, click the "Deactivate PayPal" button and confirm the action. The integration is now deactivated.